Happy Sunday! I hope you’ve had a great weekend so far and are squeezing in some relaxation time before Monday arrives!
I had a bit of downtime yesterday after my workout and finally had the chance to experiment with a new recipe. Although its still hovering right around 80 degrees here in Rochester, I can’t help but crave fall and all the delicious foods and flavors that come along with it. I whipped up a batch of these protein pumpkin muffins that were inspired by Kodiak Cakes Protein Packed Flapjack and Waffle Mix and they turned out a-m-a-z-i-n-g! I am no expert in the kitchen so when something goes right, it’s a big deal for me – haha!
I am always looking for new ways to incorporate more protein into my snacks and meals throughout the day and these guys do the trick! I may throw in a scoop of protein powder the next time I make them for an added boost.
Overall, I was really impressed with how moist and sweet these muffins turned out! The pumpkin is subtle, so if you prefer a little more flavor, feel free to up the measurement of the pumpkin pie spice.
Protein Pumpkin Muffins
Makes 12 muffins
- 2 cups Kodiak Cakes Flapjack and Waffle Mix
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Optional add-ins (Mini chocolate chips, crushed walnuts, pecans, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease muffin tin and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl and stir until smooth.
- Pour mixture into muffin tin, filling each cup almost to the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 25 minutes or until tops and edges are golden brown and toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove muffins from tin and enjoy!
Macros per 1 muffin:
120 Calories; 2g Fat, 22g Carbs, 6g Protein
I think these will be perfect paired with a piece of fruit or a cup of Greek yogurt for easy, grab-and-go breakfasts this week! If you get a chance to try out this recipe, let me know your thoughts in the comment section below. 🙂
I’m going to wrap up my afternoon by catching up on some laundry, planning out my workouts for this week and squeezing in a few episodes of New Girl! Anyone else as addicted to that show as I am??
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!