When I first began toying around with the idea of blogging, I knew right off the bat that I wanted to mainly focus on connecting with others who share my passion for fitness and healthy living.
However, I soon realized if I only blogged about my workouts, the latest fitness trends and healthy recipes, this blog would quickly turn into a stale, one-sided version of me.
Some of my favorite blogs to read are the ones where bloggers let their personalities fully shine through. Call me nosy, but I love reading about your relationships, families, dogs, children, stories from crazy trips, holiday traditions, your dreams, what makes you tic… essentially whatever makes you, YOU!
These are the things that I find interesting and it’s always what keeps me coming back!
Although health and fitness are topics that I live and breathe and that make up a huge part of who I am, there are so many more pieces to my puzzle.
Outside of simply a fitness blogger 🙂 I am also:
- A daughter
- A sister (x2)
- A girlfriend
- Auntie to two awesome kiddos
- Dog obsessed
- Dreamer and optimist
- Believer that leggings are indeed pants
- Goal setter
- Wannabe world traveler
- Pineapple on pizza lover
- Sucker for corny jokes
- Appreciator of all the small things in life
- and… a dessert fanatic.
Chocolate, cookies, cupcakes, cheesecake, brownies, pies, absolutely ANYTHING peanut butter related… oh yeah. You name it, I love it!
Last Saturday, I had a chance to get together with my friend Holly and all of her soon-to-be bridesmaids. I whipped up a batch of peanut butter cookies using my go-to recipe, but threw in a twist for all those peanut butter lovers out there: Chopped Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. They are extra peanut-buttery thanks to that added ingredient and are just the right combo of salty and sweet.
If you are looking for an easy treat for a cookie exchange or holiday party that is approaching – these cookies are it!
I hope you enjoy today’s blog post and Happy, Happy Holidays, my friends!
Chopped Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package Reese’s peanut butter cups, coarsely chopped
- Heat oven to 350 F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Blend brown sugar, butter and peanut butter on medium speed until well mixed. Add egg and vanilla and continue beating until well mixed.
- Slowly add flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Beat at low speed until well mixed.
- Coarsely chop the unwrapped peanut butter cups and fold into dough mixture.
- Drop tablespoon-size mounds of dough about 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are light brown around the edges.
- Transfer cookies to baking rack to cool & enjoy!!
What is your favorite holiday treat?